The Faculty of Medicine at Ain Shams University has witnessed a major development in infrastructure and renovations in the overall appearance of the faculty. Prof. Dr. Mahmoud Al-Meteni Dean of the Faculty stated this.
He added that the Faculty of Medicine Ain Shams University is one of the oldest medical schools in Egypt and the Arab world. It was founded in 1947, before the establishment of Ain Shams University in 1950. It is the third medical school to be established in Egypt and was annexed to the university when it was established in the 1950s.
The faculty was established on El Demerdash Hospital, which was established in 1931 and then established a university hospital, specialized and many other constructions.
He explained that the administration of the university and the faculty is keen to bring about the development and renovation of all buildings, classrooms and lectures, as well as laboratories and libraries and provide them with the latest educational systems in order to provide an appropriate educational environment that keeps pace with global developments and is in the interest of the student and push it to continue the process of learning successfully and excellence.